Sunday 25 November 2012

A wonderful voyage to sail through endless ocean of innovations involved in various projects


Hello e-mates,

I passed through painful but productive process of my project, and on the basis of that I am now becoming convinced that the more you make online courses interactive, collaborative and student cantered, the more you get your students motivated, inspired, responsive and responsible.

When I read all other projects I realized the existence of my scantiest knowledge in Academia.  It was wonderful voyage to sail through endless ocean of innovations spread throughout various projects. I have to achieve so many milestones before I sleep.

It was amazing to work with Bernard as my project peer reviewer. Thanks, Bernard!

I tried to explore most of the innovative tools or resources for enhancing learning. Ultimately, I decided to try my hand on surveys. I used Google Docs to create a survey for an online course.

There is strong rationale behind it. As you all know, being an online teacher, I teach a group of online students an English language learning course. At the end of the course, it is essential to retrospect and introspect whatever we learnt or taught. Apart from providing us an utter sense of fulfillment  the surveys offer an opportunity to reflect upon what to do and what not to do in the next course. Student’s feedback is inevitable to get the right sense for chartering out future academic strategies or enterprises. Therefore, I decided to make a survey.

The students also might have the sense of contributing their experiences or perceptions regarding the course through surveys. I have noticed on the basis of past experiences that certain students are actually serious and sincere in providing their feedbacks in the form of filling out surveys. Therefore, I always appreciate surveys, and accommodate the suggestions offered through surveys. An academician’s life should be an open book sharing all academic developments and thoughts with the organic whole of academic fraternity. 
At the end of the course, it is essential to retrospect and introspect whatever we learnt or taught. Student’s feedback is inevitable to get the right sense for chartering out future academic strategies or enterprises. I always appreciate surveys, and accommodate the suggestions offered through surveys.

Surveys enhance learner’s autonomy. They are free to share their learning achievements in built witnesses of drawbacks in a course, and also their past and future expectations.

Cheers,
Jit 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jit: Google surveys are quite powerful and useful. I've even had one past Webskills participant create a series of automated quizzes using this tool, and while not perfect, it worked overall very well, and was free. We had seen other tools that could do what he was trying to do, but they cost a fair amount of money. I always think we need to be thinking of ways of re-purposing tools, so we use them in ways that conform to our needs. ~Robert

    ReplyDelete