Saturday 17 November 2012

Having a good discussion is like having riches.


Hello friends,

Eleanor Roosevelt has once said that great mind discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of discussion, debate and dissent. Having a good discussion is like having riches.

I got inspired by Nicenet. The discussion threads on Nicenet are interactive, supportive, knowledge-worthy and meaningful. I thought if my students did not interact much on blog, then let me try a new platform for interaction like Nicenet. I made a provision of discussion into my online course believing that it might get the learners motivated as it was my primary aim behind making this provision. Surprisingly, this idea worked well. The learners started asynchronous interactions on the discussion threads. I am really surprised by their ideas and opinions which they share through discussion. Somehow or the other, their access to the course, their regular contribution to the course, their frequency of participation and their rapport with their course mates seem to be increased by making this provision. I think I am going on the right track of providing them more interactive provisions and thereby motivating them to participate and finish the course productively and successfully.

Jit

No comments:

Post a Comment